- Annette Verschuren, Cape Breton University Chancellor and Chair & CEO of NRStor Inc. will deliver a keynote presentation on Driving Innovation in Cape Breton
- Dr. Brian Goldman, physician, best-selling author and host of CBC’s ‘White Coat, Black Art’, will inspire health research and practice with a focus on Disruptive Innovation and Teamwork
- Dr. Kevin Orrell, Nova Scotia’s Deputy Minister of and CEO of the province’s Office of Health Care Professionals Recruitment, will detail the research priorities of the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness as they relate to healthy people and communities in Cape Breton.
- Dr. Gail Tomblin Murphy, Vice-President of Research and Innovation, Nova Scotia Health, will present Building Research & Innovation Capacity in Nova Scotia
- CBU’s Dr. Corrine McIsaac and Dr. Janet Kuhnke, with Debbie Lelievre, Nova Scotia Health will present: Strategies to Address the Barriers for Implementation of Best Practice in Pressure Injury Prevention and Care within Nova Scotia Health Eastern Zone
- Dr. David Anderson, Dean of Medicine at Dalhousie University, will discuss patient-oriented health research in Cape Breton, as it relates to his role as principle investigator with the Maritime SPOR Support Unit (MSSU).